Saturday, September 13, 2008

a poem I like

I found a blog, although I don't remember how I got there but I think it was from this is reverb...  Anyway, she wrote this really cool poem that struck me as one that could be about Monkey.  Enjoy, then head over to Becoming Bridge for more.

One for Debo

Did you see her walk down the street?

Striding on long legs in heels

Red toes peeking out under dark jeans

Black tank top skimming feminine shoulders

She held her head up, her blue eyes clear

Her hair bounced slightly in rhythm with her steps

Did you notice her? Most people did.

She has that way about her.

But her real draw is barely visible in her gait

Confidence and compassion

Humor and humility

Her tender heart

Her knowing smile

Kneeling to look a kid in the eye

Her arm around a friend’s shoulder

Concentrating - brow furrowed

Dancing with grace but not quite abandon

Singing occasionally slightly off key

She is coming into her own

Girl becoming woman

Casting off childishness

Holding tightly to the good things

Letting the bad ones go

Watch her walk – do you see it now?

As she goes, I picture pigtails with ringlets

Like a ghost trailing behind her

Or a premonition holding her hand

Who she was and who she will be

Echoed in who she is today

Keep an eye on her.

She's worth watching.

She'll amaze you.

No comments: