Friday, February 27, 2009

Top 10 mommy list

My blogger friend Tara gave me this idea of a top 10 list.  Her list was a top 10 of things she says all the time.  I think I'm gonna switch it to a Top 10 List of things I thought I would never say.  Enjoy (and how many of these things have you said, too?)
 
10.  Wait until  your daddy gets home.
 
9.  Yes, you do have to go outside and play.
 
8.  I'm gonna jerk a knot in you.
 
7.  You'll poke your eye out.
 
6.  Finish that cheeseburger if you want dessert.
 
5.  Because I said so, that's why.
 
4.  Sure, you can watch another movie.
 
3.  We'll see.
 
2.  How about we bake cookies for a snack?
 
1.  You kids are making me crazy!
 
And just to balance the tables, here is a top 10 list of things I always say, even if I have to force myself to whenever I'm having one of "those" days:
 
10. Good job!
 
9.  Please.
 
8.  Thank you.
 
7.  I'm very proud of you.
 
6.  Can I have a hug and/or kiss?
 
5.  You're my bestest boy/girl.
 
4.  Are you making good choices?
 
3.  Let's go show Daddy.
 
2.  Tell me a story.
 
1.  I love you.
 
 
What's on your top 10 list?
 
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I'm gonna jerk a knot in you" - where on earth did that come from. A total new one on me but I want to use it all the time now!
I absolutely hate it when I say 'because I said so' so why oh why does it always come out of my mouth?

Kool Aid said...

"I'm gonna jerk a knot in you" is a generational thing for us. My grandmother told it to my mom, my mom told it to me, and I swore I'd never say it to my kids. I think I've said it once, maybe twice on a really bad day.

Goes along with "I'm gonna tan your hide," which I have successfully (so far) NOT said to my kids.

I'm with you on "because I said so." I hate that I say it, but I do.

Anonymous said...

Oh cool! I like those two lists.

I'm afraid my 2 lists are.. nevermind. Let's just say I don't dare! :)

Daisy

Kool Aid said...

Hi Daisy,
Thanks for visiting! Oh, come on - dare to make your lists. They can't be that bad!