Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sorry, can't think of a title.

(Sorry about the title, I'm just not that creative tonight)
 
It's cold in our house.  Why, you ask?  Because our furnace isn't on.  It's not working properly and it's old and it's leaking water around the base and carbon monoxide into the house.  So it's not running tonight.
 
On a side note, this explains why I've been getting terrible headaches and that overall yucky feeling over the last few days.  (No, Daddy, we haven't had the CO detector plugged in - it's still in a box somewhere).  I think I'm more sensitive, though, because Trey and the kids haven't really been effected.  Unless CO makes kids fight with each other and not share and just be all-around normal kids.
 
As much as it sucks to be cold, today it was actually kinda nice out and it won't get that cold tonight, so it could be worse.  "That cold" meaning below 35.  Trey brought home a space heater from his work and we've been moving it back and forth between all our bedrooms.
 
So tomorrow we're getting a brand-spanking-new furnace installed.  That should be fun.  Just in time for winter to be over.  Murphy's Law really sucks.
 
*    *    *    *    *
 
We're done, for now at least, with the kitchen.  If I can keep it straightened up long enough, I'll take a couple of "after" shots and make a nice pretty post about it.  Of course, now that we have the walls and trim painted, we're thinking we want to paint the cabinets.  Yeah, that should be fun.
 
*    *    *    *    *
 
I'm participating in another really big consignment sale coming up next month.  I need to get everything tagged before the 14th so I can order the bar codes.  Because of that, I won't be around too much in the next couple of weeks.  I have some posts that I'll hopefully be able to get together and get out, but if I'm not around, it's not because I don't love you.
 
Off to curl up under an old down comforter.  Hope it doesn't get really cold tonight, like they said it wouldn't.
 

No comments: