Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Pictures from our snow day

Yesterday was a snow day.  The kids were very excited about having snow to play in.  We went out kinda early - it was before 10am - and played in the snow.  I tried teaching them how to make snowballs but unfortunately the snow wasn't very cooperative.  We just ended up throwing handfuls of snow at each other.  Monkey did manage to get some all the way down the back of my shirt.  Note to self:  don't duck and cover head, thus exposing the back of the neck, when someone is throwing snow. 
 
 
There was evidence of some early morning visitors.  The kids had fun following the rabbit tracks.  Luckily I was able to get a few pictures before they were all obliterated. 
  
 
 
 
 
Monkey decided to make snow angels.  She tried teaching Little Man... 
 
but he didn't quite get it right.  He wouldn't lay all the way back on the snow, just his elbows.
  
But then I had to show them how it was done.  Do you have any idea how long it's been since I made a snow angel?  I think I may have been not much older than Monkey.  
 
 
The kids tried making a snowman but it ended up more like a snow pile. 
 
 
I love a snow day!
 

No comments: