Sunday, December 14, 2008

Catching up

It's amazing some of the things you miss when you spend an entire week focused on one story.  I'm not sure I could ever be a true niche writer.  I would feel like I'm leaving too much out.  
 
Let's start with a tree.  We got a Christmas tree this week.  Monkey picked it out and I have to admit, she picked a nice tree.  Then we put it up and let the kids decorate.  It was a very bottom-heavily decorated tree until Trey and I started picking up the children and helping them place some ornaments near the top.   It's a very good-looking tree if I do say so myself.  I did the rest of the decorating by Thursday.  I didn't do as much as I have in the past.  I mean, we do have an 8 month old puppy and a now three-year old, so I was less inclined to put out my nice fragile stuff.  As it is, I can't tell you how many ornaments have been knocked off the tree.
 
As if you could miss it, yesterday was Little Man's birthday.  Let me be the first to tell you, kid's birthday parties whip my tail.  Especially my own kids.  And we had two parties back to back.  I was exhausted by the time we got home that afternoon.
 
The first party, Little Man's, was at Chuck-E-Cheese.  Oh, how I hate that place.  We also had Monkey's party there, back in August, but it was much, much busier there yesterday.  The second party was for WB, Little Man's best friend.  They have such a love/hate relationship, they really should be related.  His party was at one of those indoor bounce house places with all the fun inflatibles.  The best part was watching Trey and WB's dad race through the obstacle course.  Now THAT was worth the torturous day of screaming children suffering from the hypoglycemic rush of pizza and birthday cake - twice!
 
There's more to catch up with, like getting tagged for the first time, but I just don't have the energy right now.  Another day perhaps...
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what or who is Chuck-E-Cheese but it sound revolting!
I think we have a similar thing over here called Wackey Warehouse and I HATE it but the children LOVE it!

Kool Aid said...

Chuck-E-Cheese is a pizza place that has about 40 or 50 video games throughout the restaurant. It's very loud and obnoxious. Oh, and there's a big "rat" who is Chuck-E-Cheese and there are some life-size animatrons on a stage that make up the Chuck-E-Cheese band. But, honestly, the pizza is pretty good.

It's a bizarre place that parents hate and children love.