Wednesday, September 10, 2008

looking out for me

The kids are looking out for me again.  Just when I thought I didn't have anything to blog about, they come through for me.  Should I really even doubt that I'll always have something to say?  No, not really.
 
Monkey decided to post some room rules for herself.  Her original list included "ignore brother" and "don't allow brother to play in room" or something like that.  I mentioned to her that she might want to reconsider those to and she did.  I'm guessing she realized if she had those two rules, she wouldn't have anyone to play with.
 
 
After she wrote her rules I asked her what happens if a rule gets broken?  What will be the consequence?  So she wrote her own consequences.  Honestly, she did this all on her own.   
 
 
 
I told her when she was done that it sounded like she had some pretty good rules and reasonable consequences.  I guess we'll see how well it goes. 
 
 
Little Man, on the other hand, was creative in another way this afternoon.  Recently, he has been taking the step stool out of the bathroom to get to places he can't otherwise reach elsewhere in the house.  This time, he went into his room and reached a small bottle of baby powder that was on his dresser.
 
This is what I saw when I walked into his room with him to change his amazingly nasty diaper.  By the way, he said "I have lots of poop" just as I started changing him.  He was right - he went straight into the tub. 
 
 
 
The powder is normally kept in the basket you see on the dresser.  Luckily, it was one of those smaller travel bottles of powder and not the king-size bottle that was right next to it.  
 
I think I need to straighten up his dresser. 
 

No comments: