Thursday, April 23, 2009

Collective Inkwell - creative fiction contest

This is the first paragraph of a short story I wrote for a creative writing contest featured over at Creative Inkwell.  I hope you enjoy...  The rest of the story can be found in the comments section of here.  

Well, this is odd, he thought to himself.  It was as if he was watching himself from behind, like a witness, not a participant.  Everything seemed to revolve slowly around him; taxis and busses crawled by, pedestrians were mime artists moving through Jello, even the birds flew at half-speed.

1 comment:

Paisley said...

Hi Kool Aid

Congratulations on doing so well in the creative writing contest. I know what you mean about wanting to move. I just may follow you when I'm feeling a bit more at ease with blogging (I'm kind of useless).