Thursday, February 19, 2009

quote of the day

I'm still working on my kitchen today, so it's hard to type and sand/spackle/paint all at the same time.  So, while I'm waiting for the spackle to dry so I can sand some more, I thought I'd share a quote with you.
 
It comes from a set of prints my mom gave us.  The artist is Brian Andreas and he has a collection he calls the Story People.  They are bright and colorful; fun prints that brighten any room.  This quote is from one called No Regret.  
 
I sometimes wake in the 
early morning & listen to the 
soft breathing of my children
  
& I think to myself,
This is one thing I'll never regret
& I carry that quiet with me all day long.
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a lovely quote.

(i saw in your profile that you have an interest in jewelry making. so do i! i am fond of beadwork particularly. what sort do you fancy?)

Kool Aid said...

Hi Ellie Lane,
Thanks for visiting! I got a degree in metal design so my interest in jewelry making is pretty much all of it. I'm not able to do much now, because I don't have a studio, so I sometimes so simple beadwork like mommy bracelets and things like that.

I've posted some pics in my blog of some of the mommy bracelets I've made. Here's a direct link if you're curious.

http://butterfliesinmyhand.blogspot.com/2008/12/i-got-this-idea-over-this-past-weekend.html

Kool Aid said...

I just visited your blog. I'll have to come back when I have more time to read; it definitely is interesting!

Anonymous said...

I have 8 of his prints in my kitchen!! I love Brian Andres!!!

Kool Aid said...

I do, too! I only have two of them but have you looked at his little ones? There are some really funny ones.